Linguistic and Cultural Immersion in Paris
You want to start learning or perfect your French, and become more familiar with local culture and custom during a short stay in Paris? You possibly also want to discuss and clarify your longer-term project related to France? We have the perfect solution for you!
Personalized linguistic weekly stay, including:
- homestay with me in a confortable, typically Parisian apartment, in a great neighbourhood called « Gambetta » in the 20th arrondissement (municipal district) of Paris. Located on the right bank of the River Seine, it is famous for being authentic, cosmopolitan, family oriented, artistic, and with a « village like » spirit: surprisingly quiet streets, small charming parks, local cafés, delicious and reasonably-priced restaurants, excellent food shops, organic grocery stores, small churches, dynamic bookstores with author events, public libraries with a wealth of great reading, theatres, open air markets, etc. A true Parisian experience, far away from the touristic crowds! It is also well served by public transportation. Only 3 min walk to the Gambetta metro station on line 3, which takes you directly in about 20 minutes to the « Opéra » station, with the famous « Opera Garnier » and the nearby « Boulevard Haussmann » with its fancy Department Stores (Printemps, Galerie Lafayette). Easy metro connection to all touristic landmarks. Lots of bus lines as well (one direct to Le Louvre and Champs de Mars / Eiffel Tower) and a taxi station at 3 minutes walk.
- 7 nights in a private, calm and luminous bedroom, with Queen bed (or 2 individual beds for friends) – bathroom and kitchen shared with me
- delicious and fresh breakfast served every morning ; it is very fulfilling and some of my guests do not even eat until dinner ;)
- 2 homemade dinners (I mostly use organic, fresh ingredients; we can shop, then cook together if you wish)
- other meals: you can cook your own meals in the kitchen, it is all equipped and modern; I will show you the supermarkets, organic food stores and other stores I like in the neighbourhood. Do not feel like cooking much? I will provide you with a list of my favourite restaurants and bistros in the neighbourhood where you will enjoy delicious food at very reasonable prices. For lunch, there is a fantastic organic restaurants at 10 minutes walk and they serve the most delicious lunch for about 15 euros! If you have an extra budget for restaurants led by great Chefs in Paris, I have a few suggestions, and I can book tables for you.
3) FRENCH TEACHING:
- 12 hours of private French lessons catered to your need (on a basis of 2 hours every morning for 6 days ; possibility to increase the number of hours)
- 3 private tours of Paris in the afternoon, according to your interests (3 to 4 hours duration) ; during those tours, I will also teach you French so you can also make progresses while enjoying the city
- Open air market experience: a must-do in Paris! Shopping outdoors is an ingrained and very popular habit with Parisians. They come to buy fresh produce, discuss with their favorite sellers for fine cooking inspiration, and meet with their friends for coffee or a glass of wine. You will discover with me authentic markets surrounded by delicious bakeries, pastries stores, wine stores, cheesemongers, etc. If time permits, we can then enjoy our great food in a park or near the Seine river for a picnic :)
- Discovery of the neighbourhood and day to day ‘Parisienne’ life style (if you’d enjoy it, we will shop together, have a coffee break in a local café, visit the fantastic public library with small art exhibitions, visit small art galleries, go to see a movie or a theater play, etc.)
4) ONGOING SUPPORT:
I help you buy the proper public transportation option, book shows, restaurants, train tickets, « coupe-fil » (skip the line) ticket for museums and exhibition, etc.
5) OPTIONS TO PERSONALISE EVEN MORE YOUR STAY
- OPTION 1: outside of Paris daily excursion in private car – for ex. visit of the Chablis wine country in Burgundy; visit of Epernay and the Champagne wine country, visit of the historical city of Fontainebleau with its amazing castle and huge park, etc.
- OPTION 2: yoga classes in a nearby, absolutely fantastic school, where I regularly practice yoga and meditation
- OPTION 3: face-to-face discussions and initial coaching around your project related to Paris ; possibility to continue working together on your project at distance (through video conferences, phone cals, emails, etc.)
- 1 week, 2 weeks or 3 weeks stay
- we discuss in advance to prepare a customized linguistic and cultural immersion stay for you
- 1,390.00 euros a week for one person, 1,090.00 euros per person for two people (additional cost for additional French lessons and optional services)
- Decreasing price according to number of weeks booked
To find out more, contact us now!